Saturday, February 18, 2006

Besh-Ba-Gowah Archaelogical Park


January 11, 2006. We visited Besh-Ba-Gowah Archaelogical Park in Globe, Arizona, about an hour and half east of Phoenix. We actually got to walk among and inside the ruins. One highlight was climbing a ladder to enter an upstairs room room that was set up with artifacts to show what daily life might have been like more than 600 years ago. The mother and boys looking out the upstairs window were not really there. I cut and pasted them from their portrait beside the cactus (three entries below). You can tell that the lighting on the people comes from a different direction than the lighting on the rest of the scene. Nevertheless, I could not resist having a little fun with photoshop since I hardly ever have the opportunity to combine two images like this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Thanks! I have been working hard to try and keep a variety of interesting photos here, especially as I wait for spring to arrive and I can get back to my primary theme.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home