Monday, May 29, 2006

Tulip Tree near Greenbriar Cove


I found this beautiful Tulip Tree near Greenbriar Cove of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. This tree had a somewhat low branch near a small hillside, which allowed me to get a straight-across view of the flowers rather than having to look up toward the sky. Thus I was able to peer inside several flowers and get photographs too. It was about 7:30 AM on May 23, 2006, and the wind was just picking up speed. WIthin a half hour of when I arrived, the branches were blowing too wildly for even the quickest shot. Also, it had rained the night before, so the leaves and flower petals were decorated with drops of dew.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cursief Huigje said...

a very beautiful blog!
(greets from belgium)

11:51 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Bart,
Thank you very much. I am glad you like it. I have been enjoying it too! (Greetings from eastern US)
Carol

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home