Monday, August 21, 2006

Mid May Stream in the Smokies


A stream in the Smokies, May 21, 2006. This is the first of three photos of a stream in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. I got this and the next two shots while standing on a narrow bridge along the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail, a one-way loop through an area of the Smokies near Gatlinburg. I think I like the third (widest) shot best, followed by this first closer-up shot, and my third favorite is the one in the middle. One thing I can say for sure is that I much prefer the vertical view on this scene than the horizontal. That perception was obvious as soon as I glanced through the view finder and compared horizontal versus vertical framing. Still I did get some horizontal shots just for fun, and might use them someday for "teaching" purposes to talk about issues relating to framing a scene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home