Friday, September 29, 2006

Maple Tree on Sept 20


I got this shot mainly to show the overall scene for the sake of comparison with the closer shot below. I was trying to explain the idea of "isolate and simplify."
Some folks said they like this version of the Maple tree better than the one below. I like both, I guess, but my main goal was to capture the texture of the branches, so the closer view does a better job of that. I don't mind the sky here (though maybe I included too much) because it is blue and the clouds add texture, but if the sky were gray, then I think the sky would have wrecked this shot. It was mid morning and the sun was coming in warmly from the right causing the branches to almost glow. I guess either shot "works," but I prefer the closer view below. This may be an example where it's simply a matter of preference. This also was Sept. 20, 2006 at the pond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home