Monday, November 06, 2006


This shot sets the mood for the day, at least somewhat. You can see the frost covered trees. I waited for a lull in the wind, however, so it's hard to imagine how much the wind pelted flurries in my face and froze my finger tips as I tried to photograph the beautiful scenery. Still, I will not complain. I felt lucky to catch this type of weather since I was only in the Smokies for a few days. This was a wonderful, mostly overcast, freezing cold and windy day with lots of neat frost, fog, and snow at higher altitudes and lots of beautiful fall color at lower altitudes. I got this shot in the morning of Oct 23, 2006.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice blog! I really have enjoyed looking at all your wonderful spring wildflower shots, I hope they don't get frozen again this year! These winter shots are also very nice

8:42 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Thanks for your comment. I have taken some time off from this site, but plan to add some stuff soon, as spring approaches again. I have other images at another site, but this site is the one where I do more of the talking and not just showing the photos. I agree that I hope the plants do not freeze this year like last year. That was unfortunate.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home