Monday, October 24, 2005

Fall Color at Laurel Falls Trailhead


Laurel Falls Trailhead, October 23, 2005
I found this view on Sunday morning along Little River Road in the Smoky Mountains. I was actually standing in a parking lot, looking toward the trailhead of Laurel Falls. If I had lowered the frame, you would have seen LOTS AND LOTS of people and their cars. I read in a publication about the Smokies that the last three weeks in October is one of the busiest times of year.
I like this shot because it helps portray the feel of the forest on a beautiful sunny day. The moon is a nice addition. I like the way each different tree has its own color. The maple is very red, while the other trees are still mostly green. And one tree toward the left is already bare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home