Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Leaf in Little River


Leaf in Little River, Oct. 23, 2005
Usually, during the spring, I am so busy photographing wildflowers that I don't do much photography of water. But this was fall, and I was trying to "branch out" just a little. After photographing the mini waterfall (see below), I decided to turn my attention to the water flowing past the rocks in the stream. It was difficult to visualize how the final photograph would appear because the water was moving rather quickly. And yet, that is part of the fun!
So, even though this is far from my "favorite" photo of the trip, I still think it is kind of interesting. I like the way everything seems to be moving except for that one lonely leaf. If I were to reframe this shot, I might shift the frame to the right just slightly so that the leaf would be about one third of the way from the right edge of the frame instead of being more like one quarter or one fifth of the way. The leaf seems just a bit too close to the edge. But hey, that's ok. This is all part of learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home