Thursday, June 01, 2006

A View Through a Tilt-Shift Lens


Here is a view of May Apples, showing their leaves from above, but not their flowers (which are found below the leaves). I am excited to FINALLY be posting a shot that I got using my 85 mm tilt/shift lens. I use the tilt function of this lens to shift my focal plane from being directly FLAT in front of the camera to one that "reaches" into the frame. Instead of just having the leaves in the front of the frame in focus while the ones toward the back begin to blur, I am able to align the focal plane with the top surface of the leaves and therefore all the leaves are in focus. The only challenge on this day was waiting for the wind to stop long enough to snap the shutter. And since the wind was sporadic, that was not much of a challenge at all. I found this and other large groups of May Apple at Mountain Lake on June 25, 2006. I have been wanting to get a full-frame shot of May Apples all spring. Now, I just need to get one that also somehow shows the flowers as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home