Thursday, April 12, 2007

Yellow Trillium

Here is Yellow Trillium, Trillium luteum, which I found beside the road on the way to Greenbriar Trail on Monday, April 9th. This is one of several shots I got that morning, and I am preparing many of those shots for my presentation on "Composing Wildflower Photos," which I will present at the Annual Wildflower Pilgrimage in Gatlinburg during the last full week of April. I will also be presenting a show called "Woodland Spring." If you want more information on the pilgrimage, just type the name into Google and you should find their home page.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol,

Did all the flowers and trees bloom early? I am in Nashville and have scheduled to visit the last weekend in April thinking that was the prime time to see the Spring blooming but we had such a warm spring that everything bloomed early and then died with the first hard freeze. I was hoping that didn't happen in Gatlinburg.

Thanks,

Jen

4:01 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Jen,
Spring came early to the smokies and then a frost killed a lot. The yellow trilliums survived as did stuff that was not yet blooming. Normally, your plan would have been great, but this year the spring came early and then winter snuck back for a bit. I am sorry to say that you may miss most great views this year. But do try again... It is worth it.
Carol

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol,

Thank you so much for your information. I was afraid that was going to happen but truthfully, I will enjoy it almost as much anyway. (: I will shoot for next year.

Thanks again!

Jen

3:22 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Jen,
Did you know that I will be presenting my photos at the Annual Wildflower Pilgrimage in Gatlinburg on April 23 and again on April 25? I don't think you will be there at that time, but if you are there, you can stop by and meet me. You can surf on line for info about the pilgrimage. I am doing presentations number 2 and 39. I am excited and have been busy all week (and last week) getting ready, which is why I have posted so few images this month. I am too busy to take the time to post things, but I really should be doing it. I have some amazing shots. You can email me at redbud@ntelos.net if you want to chat directly.
Carol

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home