Monday, March 15, 2010

Skunk Cabbages and ... Snakes!

Ok, I know this isn't a wildflower. But it's part of the story of spring. My boys and I were walking through the wet forest and checking out the skunk cabbages. I was preparing to photograph one of the cabbage plants and my son yelled out, "I found a snake." Of course knowing the cabbage would stay in place, but the snake might not, I moved the tripod/camera setup over to the snake and tried to get a few good shots. I was hoping to get a good shot with his/her tongue. This was the best one I could get. The lighting is a bit harsh, and I have better photos of the snake (no tongue) with softer, more diffused lighting, thanks to passing clouds. I will prepare one of those pictures eventually too... but this one was too fun and I had to prepare it first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home