Sunday, December 11, 2005

Praying Mantis


Praying Mantis, October 29, 2005
This praying mantis was walking through sand in our back yard when I snapped this shot. I "cranked up" the ISO of the digital "film" so that I could get this shot in the dim light of late afternoon-so there is quite a bit of grain in this shot. I did use a tripod to hold the camera steady, and moved it around the sand area to keep up with the movement of the mantis. I also opened up the aperature pretty wide, so that I could let in as much light as possible. This gives a shallow depth of field, and fortuntately, I was able to get the eyes in the plane of focus. I like the way the front and back of the frame appear fuzzy because they are out of focus.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

G R E A T W O R K !

8:43 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Thanks John. I have been so busy lately that I have not posted on THIS website. But just today I did start posting on my new sub-website called "Karate Belt Tests." That job was a fun change of pace. As spring approaches, I will be sure to start posting more stuff on THIS WEBSITE. After all, it is called WOODLAND SPRING!!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home