Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Splash of Color in the Smokies


Fall Color, October 23, 2005
I found this shot along Little River Road near the trail head to Laurel Falls. I like the abstract nature of this image and the way the red seems to meander its way through the frame. The lighting was still pretty good at this time of the morning, around 11 AM, but it was starting to get a bit too bright (causing too much contrast on the scene). As with all the other Smoky Mountain pictures, I did not crop any of these after snapping the shutter. Each Smoky Mountain frame that you see on this website appears the way I framed it in the field using my Nikon D-70, mounted on a tripod and my patience. Actually, to be clear about this: I checked out the possible framings first while holding the camera with my hands. Once I found a framing that I liked, I then mounted the camera to the tripod, and carefully adjusted the image to get it the best that I could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home