Sunday, October 02, 2005

Thanks to Visitors

Thanks very much to everyone who has contacted me to tell me that they are enjoying my new website. I am enjoying it too, incase it wasn't obvious! I spent the weekend out of town, but plan to start working again tomorrow. For those who have missed some of my earlier posts, please look in the right-hand column under ARCHIVES and click on September 2005. This will allow you to see ALL of the first two weeks worth of posts. If you just look at this page, you will miss things like Maybry Mill on the Blue Ridge Parkway and several other shots. Eventually I plan to sent up my own (non-blog) website, which will be organized in a more "logical" way, but that will come later, after I have had more time to plan. In the meanwhile, I don't want to waste time. I want to get my pictures and ideas out there for people to see.
I have been holding back for, gee, more than ten years, and it is finally time to WRITE about the topic that seems to inspire me most... WOODLAND SPRING. And even as recently as this evening, as I observed the sunset on the mountains of West Virginia, I considered whether maybe I need to start a parallel page called WOODLAND FALL!!! And then WOODLAND WINTER and WOODLAND SUMMER, not to mention OTHER, because I still need a place to share my photos of Utah and the Badlands and other things.... The flood gates are open and you can expect to see much more during the next several weeks. But thanks again to everyone who has told me they appreciate my work. As much I as love doing this for me, I love also knowing that other people appreciate my work too!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came back to cheer you on. I think you take great picures.

Cheers!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Thanks! I just got home from West Virginia this evening and already I want to do more work. I am starting to think about talking more about the seasonal change in the forest as spring progressess. I have some neat fisheye shots from YEARS AGO that I got using someone else's camera and lens (back when I was a POOR graduate student in Iowa). I am having fun!

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home