Thursday, May 04, 2006

Dutchmen's Breeches by Mike Ayers


My friend Mike Ayers got this photo of Dutchmen's Breeches on April 8, 2006 along Roaring Fork Motorway in the Smokies. I love the way the water drops hang off the edge of the leaves. I heard that this kind of thing happens from time to time due to transpiration by the plants when the weather conditions are just right. It was a rainy day that day, and we stopped to "shoot" in between downpours.
Mike and I spent three days hanging out and photographing all kinds of wildflowers, and here is one of my favorite shots... Not just my favorite of HIS, but one of my favorite shots from the whole trip. Incidentally, it had been 27 years since Mike and I last got together--back in HIGH SCHOOL. Yes, even after all these years, we are still good friends.
I tried to get some shots like this one of Mike's, and I did... But had a problem later that evening and accidentally reformatted the data card containing my images before uploading them to my computer. As for the details, well, let's just say I got distracted while Mike and I were playing around with our cameras and drinking beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home