Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Mountain Lake's First Snowfall


First Snowfall, October 25, 2005
I almost stayed home today because it was rather cold and the sky was almost completely cloudy. But around 9 AM, I noticed that the clouds were starting to break up just a little and the sun was peaking through. A few distant mountains seemed to glow as the diffused sunlight lit them up. So around 10 AM I went out, and I headed to Mountain Lake.
Mountain Lake is a resort, but they also have trails that are open to the public. I just found that out earlier this week, having spoken with someone who had been there. I was eager to see the Bald Knob and some other neat places out there. As soon as I got out of my car and looked west, I saw a snow-dusted mountainside, and decided to use my 200 mm lens to isolate the colorful trees shown in this photograph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home