Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Bald Knob at Mountain Lake


Bald Knob, Oct. 25, 2005
When I finally made it to the top, I was pretty excited. I had been looking forward to seeing this location for quite some time, and finally I was there. If you look closely at the shrub in front of the rocks, you can see that it was pretty windy on the top of Bald Knob. Ideally, I would wait for the wind to stop before snapping the shutter. But this time around, I kind of wanted to let the motion of the branches show up in my frame. So I set the f-stop to 18 and used a shutter speed of 1/20 sec.
For the first time today, I put my 200 mm lens into the camera bag and took out my 24-85 zoom. I set the lens to 52 mm and stepped back about 30 feet from the rocks to get this shot.
I like the way this photograph seems to almost resemble "black and white." There just wasn't much color on Bald Knob today, thanks to the gray sky and the snow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again you have provided us with some great pictures.
This is one of my favorite sites.
Love, June

7:53 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Thanks June!! I appreciate your comments. I have had a lot of positive feeback through this website and through emails of people who know me and have checked the site. Other people's comments help insipre me to do an even better job.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home