Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Misty Fog at Mountain Lake


Misty Fog, October 25, 2005
After photographing a snowy hillside, I turned my attention to Mountain Lake. Fog was rising from the surface of the lake and floating off slowly in the wind. As a result, the scene kept changing, and even successive frames looked very different from one another. I like this shot because it captures the fog floating behind the empty branches of the bare tree toward the middle of the frame. The fog provides a nice contrast to the dark, bare branches and helps set off the colorful tree beside it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so cool with fog. Great picture.
June

7:52 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Thanks again, June. I got about twenty of these shots, but with the fog changing, each was different. This was my favorite because of the way the fog went behind the trees. I had been wanting to get some foggy shots this fall, but the other pond where I visit hasn't had any. So this was lots of fun!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home