Wednesday, October 26, 2005

View from Bald Knob at Mountain Lake


View from Bald Knob, Oct. 25, 2005
In this view, we are looking north from the top of Bald Knob. I wanted to get some kind of scenic shot, but the sky was rather gray and "boring." As a result, I decided to crop out most of the sky, except for a small sliver to give perspective. I decided to emphasize foreground instead, whichadds some three-dimensionality to the photograph. As with the photograph of Bald Knob rocks, I used my 24-85 zoom on this one. For this shot, I adjusted the zoom to 70 mm to isolate just the "right" amount of the rocks.
Some hints of fall color are visible in the background, as are frost-covered trees. I look foward to returning to this location many times next spring, not only for scenic shots like this one, but also to find closeups and mini-landscapes with wildflowers. I have heard there are lots of neat trails around here. I am glad that I finally took a trip to Mountain Lake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home