Friday, November 04, 2005

Fall Color in Jefferson National Forest


Fall Color, Nov. 4, 2005
Just like the photo below this, I shot this image using my 200 mm micro lens (with polarizer) from across the pond. The distance was about 300 yards (or 300 meters). I was on the east side of the pond, looking northwest. It was a rather sunny day, but a few thin clouds had floated in overhead, thus diffusing and softening the sunlight just a little bit. It was late morning, around 11 AM, so I had already missed the soft, warm morning light. But there I was at the pond, so I decided to get this shot anyway. I may return around 8 AM one day soon before the fall color drops to the ground so I can try this shot again. I like the mixture of colors (evergereens and deciduous trees together) in this shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home