Friday, November 04, 2005

Abstract Fall Color


Abstract Fall Color, November 4, 2005
I'd like to take credit for this photo, but I cannot. I went out today with my son Adam and he captured this image with a Nikon Coolpix 4300 "point and shoot." I don't normally post other people's work here on my website, but decided to make an exception today. The abstract appearance in this image comes from the uneven lighting on the forest floor, along with movement of the camera as the shutter snapped. Unlike most of my images, for which I use a tripod, this was done as a hand-held shot. Though the camera was moving during the exposure, the image still is reconizable. I really like the side-light (sun coming in from the left) because it adds depth and three-dimensionality to the trees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home