Thursday, May 04, 2006

Wild Geranium in the Smokies


Here is another try at getting the color right on Wild Geranium. See below for other attempts. I started with a NEF (Nikon Format) image that was a little bit brighter this time, and I opened it using photoshop. When I got to the raw converter, I reduced the temperature of the light to make the green color of the leaves appear more greenish rather than yellowish, even though this process made the flowers appear too purplish blue. Then later I selected just the flowers and "shifted" their hue toward pink to make the flowers appear closer to their normal color. The flowers should be pinkish, not purplish blue. I think that, of all the geranium photos I have done so far this week, this one looks closest to natural.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home