Friday, May 05, 2006

May Apple Flower Closeup


This is a very closeup view of a May Apple flower. I had to get right down on the ground and look up and under the "umbrella" shaped leaves to get this shot. I had to wait for the wind to stop. And when I get a shot like this, I feel very pleased. For me, closeup photography is what it's all about. I don't want to forget the scenic shots, but I just love to do closeup work. For perspective, the yellow portion of this flower has a diameter about the size of a dime. Compare this to the closeups of bloodroot, which I posted during late March. Check the ARCHIVES (March 2006) in the right margin of this web page to find the bloodroot photos fast--or just scroll down along this same web page since the bloodroot photos are still posted here too. Bloodroot has an orange tint to the yellow structures inside the flower, while the May Apple pistil and stamen have a softer, more lemony yellow color.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home